Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Progress Report

I'm coming down the home stretch on the two baby pullovers - on the sleeves for both. Oh sleeves, how I dislike knitting you!! Well, at least they're baby sleeves, which are not so bad.














I have been kicking around ideas for adult-size sweaters and decided that I'm going to put the pullovers and cardigans on hold for now and concentrate on (drumroll please) Summer Shells! Shells are the most popular warm-weather pattern at the Tangled Web, and we only have one really basic pattern. So now I've been knocking out numbers and throwing around ideas in my mind. Now is the time for test-knitting!! 

Fortunately, shells don't have sleeves, so even though these are adult-size garments, that's a sizeable chunk of knitting I don't have to do. Unfortunately, they need to be knit in cotton which kills my poor arm. But what can I do? They've got to get done, and I have to knit the first sample. Here is a blob of shell:














But it feels good to have some organization to this next stage!

No comments: