Thursday, March 12, 2009

Back From Baltimore

I spent the past several days in Baltimore with my lovely sister Laura. We watched many hours of reality tv, and I made great strides with my Momogus Knits sample knitting.

Done:














Adorable little ES2 Easy Baby Pullover in delicious Rowan Cashsoft DK yarn. I may make a matching hat (ES1 Easy Baby Hat) but there's other stuff on the cooker right now.

Done:














Another adorable little ES2 Easy Baby Pullover in not-as-delicious Little Lehigh Pebbles from Kraemer. I love the color of this sweater and how the fabric feels knit up, but I did not love knitting with the yarn. It was quite stringy. Here is a close-up of the very cute sheep buttons.














In other sample news, here are 2 Easy Summer Shells started up:















(yawn....)

I also started this sock (NS5 Easy Toe-Up Socks):














which is using yarn that Gus dyed last summer. I'm thinking of teaching a workshop on this process, which comes courtesy of our friends at Kalamazoo Knits. We used Wilton Cake Icing Dye, which as you can see produces strong and ker-AZY colors.

No comments: