Sunday, October 9, 2011

New Pattern! Barbara, Ruth and Leona Scarves!

Today I introduce a new pattern that's very close to my heart: The Barbara, Ruth and Leona Scarves. This is a pattern for three easy pretty lace scarves, written for dk or sport weight yarn. They're a great introduction to lace knitting with easily-memorized patterns and make great gifts for moms, sisters, friends, teachers.

Also, 100% of proceeds from the sale of this pattern go to the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.  Barbara, Ruth and Leona were three fabulous moms who suffered from Parkinson's Disease. Barbara was my mom. Here's a random picture of her and my dad, from a million years ago. I love that it's a little blurry and how huge a grin she has.













Parkinson's Disease is devastating - robbing its victims of their dignity, their health, and eventually their lives.  I'm hoping that by contributing 100% of proceeds of sale from this pattern going forward, I can make a little dent and help some other wonderful moms out there.

Make a scarf for your mom or for the mom of a friend or for yourself or your sister or your daughter or your best friend! And know you're doing good while you're having fun knitting!

1 comment:

David Jordan said...

What a wonderful thing to do, Diana! And what a fine old photo, taken in Chinchilla a long time ago.