Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Knit a Chicken

Truth be told, I am a sucker for Fiber Trends' felted animal patterns. They're crazy-fussy, but they're small and over quickly. I saw this one at my local yarn store and snapped it up! This is Henrietta and Family. Someday I will knit Henrietta, but I only did a chick this time. The only yellow yarn I had was some I had bought at a farmer's market in Vermont and had no label. Unbeknownst to me it must have had some mohair in it, because when I felted it, it came out very fuzzy. Which was appropriate. And adorable. Here's the chick:

Waaah! I love it! I have a lot of this yarn left; if I get my act together I can maybe knock out a couple more for an Easter centerpiece. Or just gaze lovingly at this one.

3 comments:

Faith Varrone said...

Sooo cute!!

Unknown said...

i love the chick! it's adorable! i want to make one!

Momogus (diana) said...

Faith - I know!! I made a crazy noise when I pulled it out of the washer.

Babs - c'mon, make one....... I'm the Chicken Knitting Enabler!