We eat a lot of granola here, chez Momogus. We consume veritable tanker ships' worth of fruit, yogurt and granola basically year-round. I had always bought granola from the supermarket, but then my friend Jeanne gave me some homemade granola as a Christmas present, and I saw the light!!
I begged her for the recipe and took it out for a spin this morning. Oh boy. I made two batches, which is approximately 10 cups. I ate about half of that, "testing" it. A friend of mine said, "Oh you'll never go back to storebought again." It was SO GOOD I couldn't believe it. And easy.
This is actually Molly Wizenberg's recipe from Bon Appetit. Here is the link if you want to read about her granola revelations.
Everyday Granola (a/k/a You'll Never Go Back To Storebought!)
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons (packed) brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon (generous) salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup assorted dried fruit [momogus note: I used dried cranberries and blueberries. I've also used chopped up dried apricots]